Calgary Bridal Shows
You’ve just gotten engaged, or maybe been engaged for a few months, and you’re planning on attending some of Calgary’s upcoming Bridal Shows. Here’s a list of shows, including dates, times and how much you’ll pay to get in. We’ve also included some tips to make sure your trip is successful!
Bliss Wedding Fair Extraordinaire (Come visit our Booth)
When: January 30, 2011
Where: Carriage House Inn
Time: 10AM – 4PM
Cost: FREE to attend!
When: January 16, 2011
Where: Telus Convention Center
Time: Morning show: Doors open at 10:30 am, fashion show at 12:30 pm
Afternoon show: Doors open at 1:30 pm, fashion show at 3:00 pm
The Wedding Fair
When: January 16, 2011
Where: BMO Centre – Stampede Park
Time: 9:30AM – 5:30PM Fashion Shows at 11AM, 2PM and 4PM
Tips for surviving a Bridal Show
1. Wear comfortable shoes – I love any excuse to break out my heels, but this isn’t the day to do it. Hard concrete floors + a few hours walking around = very sore feet! Slip on your Uggs for this event.
2. Don’t bring your whole bridal party – There are A LOT of brides, maids of honour, mom’s of the brides, bridesmaids and even grooms that attend these shows, and it makes it hard to navigate through all these people. If you have more than two other people with you, you’ll find you’re always looking for them and not focusing on finding vendors for your big day. Stick to bringing only one or two people with you.
3. Hand cramps – There will be a lot of draws to enter, so save your hand and your time by coming prepared with labels with your name, address, phone number and email address on them. This will make entering the draws a piece of cake. Create an email address that you’ll use just while planning your wedding. You can delete it after the wedding and save yourself all the time unsubscribing from emails.
4. Know who will be there – all the shows have a website that list the vendors that will be at the show. Take a look at these before hand, check out the vendor’s website and try to make a list of who you want to talk to. Once you’re at the show, only take the business cards and brochures of vendors you’re interested in. It will make it easier when you’re weeding through your bag when you get home.
5. Bring water – We’ve all been to the Round-up Center or Telus Convention Center and know that a simple bottle of water can cost over $3. You’ll need it when you’ve been walking around all day and possibly tasting cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries!
6. Have Patience – If you really want to talk to a vendor don’t get discouraged if their booth is crowded around by other potential brides. Walk around and come back to them, better yet, come back when the fashion show starts. The floor usually thins out while the show is on.
7. Sales Pressure – You’re sure to run into a DJ or other vendor who tells you that he only has one opening left for your wedding date. There are a lot of other vendors at the show to talk to, so don’t feel like you need to sign without having talked to the rest of them.
8. Bring a pen and take notes – so you can remember what each vendor said, bring a note book and pen and make quick notes. That way you’ll be able to remember what each one said.
9. Go early – find out when the doors open and be one of the first brides there. Wait until late afternoon and it will be more crowded on the floor.
10. Have Fun! – After all you are getting MARRIED!! Whether you’re bringing your fiancé, mom or maid of honour – make a day of it. Go early, get your stuff done, and then go for a great lunch to thank them for coming with you. You’ll be able to compare notes and talk about what you saw at the show.